Things people say to pregnant women

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Never, ever is it okay to comment on a woman's size. But when people see a pregnant woman, they say things that they would never say under any other circumstance. I've always known this and heard this, but I had to capture some of the more memorable comments I've gotten over the last few months. Some of them were quite nice. And some...were just hilarious.

10 WEEKS
20 WEEKS
30 WEEKS


"You are TINY!" - why, thank you! I will take that as a compliment.

"What? You're only 7 weeks from your due date? No way, you look great!" - I guess when you're that close you should start to look haggard?? But thanks!

"Wait - you're pregnant?" - um, yep. Not a beer gut. 

"You look great!" - there's really nothing more a pregnant lady wants to hear

"WOW, you're due SOON!" (Said when I was 8 weeks from d-day) - don't worry, if my water breaks, I'll aim away from your shoes. 

"I thought you must be pregnant because your face is too skinny for you to be obese." - a server at an upscale restaurant. Ummmm, thank you??

"Hey, skinny!" - an usher at Christmas Eve service, said while staring at my belly. Not sure what to make of this one!

"That shirt makes you look...PREGNANT." - thanks, Mom

"You STILL haven't had that baby?" - is it that I look huge or that you have no concept of time?

"You're having a baby next week?? You don't look 9 months pregnant..." - said with disbelief and a little disgust by a HomeGoods employee. Yes ma'am, I'm lying to you for kicks.

"Your life is about to change." - everyone. REALLY? I had no idea. I may not be able to fathom just how much, but I do know that life is about to change. And I'm ready for it! I can't wait.


xo
KH




Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY