Hope's Nursery

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I've dreamt of decorating a nursery for a little girl practically my whole life. I love bright colors, beautiful patterns and Lilly Pulitzer, so it was obvious where my inspiration would come from! Very happy to reveal Hope's Lilly Pulitzer-inspired nursery! 

I like the color pink and think all little girls deserve a good share of pink in their rooms, but I didn't want to overwhelm Hope's room with it. Blue is actually my favorite color, and this wall color - Tahitian Breeze by Behr - is feminine but not overpowering. I LOVE this color and am so happy with how it turned out! 

The ribbon mobile above the crib was a collaborative effort by me and my friend April (okay, she did 90%), and the fabric bunting across the window was made my my bestie Lesley for use at my baby shower - I just added a little yellow to tie in the rest of the room.  

I used Lilly prints to accent the room (above the bookcase, on the shelf and in the quilt made for Hope by my bestie's mama, on the back of the glider).

We stuck with a gender neutral custom glider/recliner and ottoman in case there are any baby boys down the road. Same for the crib: I wanted it to be appropriate for Hope but also for any little brothers she might one day have! But the dresser and bookcase (the Ava series from Pottery Barn Kids) are all hers.





I really love how it turned out and just can't wait to get her home and see her in that crib! It's now my favorite room in the house; sometimes I just go sit in there and feel so at peace. And it somehow already smells like a newborn! 

Hope, your mama had so much fun designing and decorating this room for you, baby girl! 

xo,
KH


Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY