36 Weeks | 37 Weeks

Tuesday, January 12, 2016


36 WEEKS



How far along: 36 weeks

Baby Size: Hope is the size of a large cantaloupe - at least 6 pounds

Weight gain: somehow down 1.5 pounds from last week, so up about 11.5 total

Maternity clothes: I never want to stop!

Stretch marks: nope

Sleep: getting up to tinkle 3-5 times a night

Best moment this week: confirmed at our check-up that we will be induced next week! Eeeeeeek!

Looking forward to: getting the nursery done (now or never, people)

What I miss: sleep 

Movement: lots of rolls and little jabs

Food cravings: not really

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: no

Symptoms: high BP still 

Belly Button in or out? still in, amazingly

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: excited - it's my last week of work before leave! 

Nursery: getting there! Almost done.



37 WEEKS: "EARLY TERM"


How far along: 37 weeks

Baby Size: Hope is the size of a winter melon (??? - this is why I stopped trying to find the fruits/veggies for my weekly photos!) and weighs about 6.5 pounds

Weight gain: up about .5 lb from last week and about 12 overall 

Maternity clothes: This is probably my last week pregnant, but I don't plan to stop wearing maternity clothes anytime soon

Stretch marks: nope

Sleep: still getting up a lot

Best moment this week: we found out Tuesday we are scheduled for induction beginning Thursday night! We also had our last ultrasound - next time we see Hope, she'll be on the outside! 

Looking forward to: meeting my baby girl very, very soon!

What I miss: sleeping well

Movement: Hope has been even more active than usual the last few days. Maybe she's trying to bust out!

Food cravings: would love to eat some Dunkin' Donuts munchkins (darn you, gluten)

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: no

Symptoms: high BP still 

Belly Button in or out? STILL in! I don't think I'm going to get an outie at this point! 

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: excited, nervous, happy, and a little sad that pregnancy is coming to an end although the best reward is just around the corner

Nursery: finishing touches are going up today! (if not now, when? No... seriously, when?) 

Prayer for Baby: Lord, thank you for the ultimate blessing of being able to carry Hope these last 9 months. It has been the greatest privilege of my life. Feeling her move inside me is a constant reminder of your perfect plan and your miraculous works. I pray for her health in the womb in these last few days of pregnancy, and for her health when she makes her grand debut. I pray that her abdomen is strong and healthy. I pray that her foot is healable. I pray that her vitals are normal and she thrives in this earthly world. God, thank you for all the things you've taught us over the last 2 years in our journey to become parents. I know this is just the beginning of many, many lessons. We are honored to be Hope's mommy and daddy, and ask for guidance as we become parents and raise her to know and love you. In your holy name, Amen.

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY