Five on Friday: Chistmas-y things

Friday, December 18, 2015

How in the world it's already December 18, I have no idea. This Christmas season has just absolutely flown and I feel like we haven't really done the Christmas-y things we usually do! (Other than watch Love Actually: that is a must. Anyway.) We've been so busy with work, making progress in the nursery, and a smattering of Christmas events that I would love to have a weekend to just relax in our own home, sit by the tree sipping hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies but I don't think it's in the cards this year. Maybe next year when we have a 10 month old?? (HA!)

ONE. 
Being in my third trimester, I didn't have the energy to put up alllll the Christmas decor I normally do. Notably absent: our second Christmas tree, aka the "fun" tree with all our random ornaments from over the years. Truly, it was more the thought of me taking everything down at 36 weeks pregnant that sealed the deal for fewer decorations than normal! But here's our tree and stockings: THREE little stockings this year! So exciting.


TWO. 
Christmas Cards are my FAVORITE! I hope this tradition never, ever goes away. Or goes to an all-eCard format. Oh, the horror! Our cards are en route from Shutterfly as we speak and I plan to bust them out over the weekend.
Our cards and Advent calendar/tree

THREE. 
Parties, parties everywhere. Between company parties, cookie swaps, book clubs and family stuff, 'Tis The SEASON for sweets and overeating. Gotta say: living gluten free definitely removes a lot of the temptation!


FOUR. 
The nursery is really taking shape! I can't wait to get it all done, but for now I'm happy with the progress we've made in such a short amount of time (about 5 weeks). All the furniture has arrived, it's painted, I've found a rug I don't hate and the decor is starting to come together. When it's done, I know it will be my favorite room in the house.

FIVE. 
Here's a sneak peek at our maternity photos (that doubled as our Christmas card shoot). It was fun to document this sweet season with a pregnant belly and I know we will cherish these photos forever! Will share the rest soon :)


ENJOY the last week before Christmas and remember the reason for the season!
xo
KH


Linking up with
 AprilChristinaNatasha and Darci



Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY