Chomp chomp: a day at The Swamp

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Living in South Carolina the last 6 years, I've only had a few opportunities I make it to a home football game in Gainesville to cheer on the Gators. This past weekend was one of them, and for a very special reason: my grandfather was the honorary captain for the homecoming game against Vandy!

Baby's first trip to The Swamp!!!

It was the 30th anniversary of the Florida Dairy Farmers sponsoring Gator Athletics - the longest running sponsor - so the athletic department made a big to-do and honored the organization, including my 91-year-old Grandpa (who is still "dairying") and my Dad, who is currently serving on the board. I couldn't miss this so it was well worth the 6 hour drive from Columbia to Gainesville!

Grandpa on the field for the coin toss

My dad and the rest of the board were honored during the first quarter (that's them in the corner of the field)
It was SUCH a fun day in one of my favorite places in the world! I got to see the majority of my cousins and their kids, my aunts and uncles, dad and stepmom, brother and of course, my Grandpa. I even got to sit in the box with my Grandpa for most of the game, which was special :)


And of course, no trip to Gainesvegas would be complete without a stay at my bestie's house! I got to hang with Lesley and her husband Chris and kiddos, and we had a blast. Catching up in person is so much better than FaceTime or the phone!

A special treat was seeing my college roommate Grace on Sunday morning for breakfast! I haven't seen this girl in at least 5 years and she made a special trip from Orlando to Gainesville to see me. It's even more fun because she is also pregnant and our babies are due just 5 days apart! It's a race to see who will deliver first! 

My old roomie! And our babies got to "meet" for the first time :)

Just like old times in Gainesville!

Sadly, all fun weekends come to an end and I had to make the long trip home Sunday afternoon. Lucky for me, my brother rode back up with me to give this pregnant lady a break from driving!

Such a fun weekend of celebrations, family and old friendships!

xo
KH

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY