15 weeks

Friday, August 14, 2015

I can't believe I'm doing a baby bumpdate! I'm going to do my best to keep up with this at least every 2 weeks because I know I'll want to read back over this later. And with things changing so fast, it's hard to remember what was happening one week to the next!




How far along: 15 weeks

Baby Size: the baby is the size of a navel orange (4.5 in. long)

Weight gain: down about 3 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight, though I'm not sure how

Maternity clothes: Getting close. I'm definitely not wearing most of my regular work bottoms these days. I have been embracing the elastic waist skirts in my closet, for sure!

Stretch marks: not yet

Sleep: eh - okay. At first I was waking up 3 or even 4 times a night to tinkle, which was quite disruptive! Now I'm only waking once, maybe twice, but having a hard time going back to sleep. But I ordered a Bump Nest and I am REALLY ridiculously excited to get that thing!

Best moment this week: Announcing our pregnancy on Facebook! It was a little scary to "go public" but so, so exciting.

Looking forward to: knowing if Baby H is a little boy or a little girl!

What I miss: My energy! Though it is slowly coming back. Also, pretty much anything with gluten, which is all I seem to want to eat...

Movement: they say it's too early for first time moms to feel anything, but I swear I felt something about a week ago when I was lying really still in bed. Maybe it was all in my head, but it still made me feel better!

Food cravings: At first, I wanted donuts - specifically, Munchkins from DD - which are definitely not Gluten Free. Then I moved on to wanting bread and butter, garlic bread, rolls - pretty much anything that was bread and delicious, and there's only so many decent GF options of that stuff. I've steadily wanted red meat, Mexican food and Italian and now this week, BBQ has been added to the list.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I can't do chicken breast or most cooked veggies, which I think is pretty normal. And I often feel my worst after eating dinner.

Gender: don't know yet!

Labor Signs: Not for a looooong time I hope!

Symptoms: still tired, hungry very often, congestion at night, and it's getting hard to sleep already

Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: happy most of the time - still can't believe this is real life! Not gonna lie though, I've had some moments of crazy...poor Hubs has taken the brunt of it.

Nursery: I have ideas and pretty much know how I want to do a boy's and a girl's nursery.

Prayer for Baby: Baby H, your daddy and I love you so, so, SO much already! You have been prayed for and wanted for a long time and you're our dream come true. We pray for your development - physically and spiritually - and pray you are born a healthy baby. We're in awe of the miracle you are. Amen.


Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY