Five on Friday: I'm back!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Hello friends! I didn't intentionally take a blogging hiatus this summer, but that's what happened. I got busy (poor excuse, I know). I wish I could say it was because of all the great trips we've been taking or all the crazy fun we've been having, but it was more due to work than anything else. And no one wants to write or read about work. Moving on...

The point is, it feels nice to write again and read your posts again. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

One. 
Last week was our 4th anniversary! My how time flies. I am so incredibly lucky to have this man by my side through good times and bad, literally in sickness and in health. The last 4 years have been the best yet - and I know it's only going to get better!



Two. 
The traditional 4th anniversary gift is fruit or flowers. So I got us (uh, I mean I got Alex) Apple TV! Guys, why didn't we have this sooner?? Life changing, I tell you. After only having a digital antenna for the last two years, being able to sign into A's parents' cable account and watch live sports and shows ON A TV is amazing. No more crowding around the iPad!
Three. 
This week I got hooked on Unreal (thanks to that handy Apple TV contraption). If you haven't seen it, it's a must watch for Bachelor fans! It's about a Bachelor-like show but it's shown from the crew's POV - including all the manipulation they do to the contestants and story line. It's really entertaining: Lifetime brought their A-game with this one.

Four. 
Look at the progress my little garden has made since I planted it in April! I've only lost one plant (the cilantro) and everything else is doing really well. I even have a few blooms on my tomato plants, so I might actually grow a tomato! *happy dance*  Plus, the fig tree nearby (for which I can take absolutely no credit) is bursting with almost-ripe figgies. Yay for backyard produce!

Five
Life is good, friends. I'm feeling happy and optimistic these days! And I'm celebrating SIX MONTHS of being gluten-free and I'm feeling the best I've felt in a LONG time! So thankful that this experiment has seemingly kept me healthy and Crohn's-flare-free since January. Praise the Lord!


Have a fabulous weekend. Soak up some sun (but don't forget the sunscreen).
xo
KH

Linking up with
 AprilChristinaNatasha and Darci



Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY