California Dreamin'

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Over Labor Day weekend, I had the opportunity to tag along on the hubby's work trip (read: a college golf tournament), which ordinarily wouldn't be super special or necessarily be an option at all. But it was pretty special that the destination for this trip was the one and only Pebble Beach Resort - so I was all, "uh yeah, I'll go. If I have to." Ha!

I was expecting cooler weather and sunshine, beautiful views and luxury. What I didn't expect was to whale watch from my balcony, feel like I was on a wildlife tour on the golf course, and for everyone to be soooo friendly. I guess I would be pretty friendly, too, if I lived somewhere so beautiful! 

The view from our balcony

Long sleeves in August!

The tournament included accommodations and perks for the spouses that tagged along, including several treatments at the Spa at Pebble Beach. After traveling for nearly 12 hours the day before (flying from Columbia, SC to Houston to San Francisco to Monterey), the pampering was most welcome!
The tournament organizers graciously gave the ladies a spa day...heaven on earth, I tell you!

I didn't do a lot of sight-seeing, but that was by choice. I just couldn't get enough of the golf course and its views, which was sight-seeing in itself. From the Lodge or the course, we saw whales, dolphins, seals, and sea otters. And of course, jaw-dropping views of the Bay and mountains. 

It was so fun to watch the team play and the hubby coach, since I don't get to go to many tournaments. Even better that we were staying right there at The Lodge, which was elegant and luxurious, full of old-world charm, but not stuffy: the perfect balance.

At #1 Tee
Wood-burning fireplace in our rooms.
And no A/C, because it's just not needed!
The hubs. He's adorable, no?
Watching the seals from #18 tee
I stood at this place and watched for about an hour. What. A View!! (And I was freeeezing!)

17-mile drive and the Lone Cypress Tree

Sunset over the Bay

If you ever, ever have the chance to stop by Pebble Beach - even if for the day - do it. I've seen this place on TV, but it's hard to appreciate its beauty on a screen. If you're a golfer, you're in luck: it's a public course, and you can play a round for the low, low price of $495. No, seriously.

It was an amazing trip, and SO worth all the connections and traveling! A bonus was that it was just a few days before my 30th birthday, so it doubled as a birthday getaway!

I'm still dreaming about that view. 

xo
KH




Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY