Things to look forward to this summer!

Friday, June 13, 2014

So excited that this week is behind me! Seems like every work week has its own big hurdle to jump, and this one was no exception. I keep telling myself that if I can just make it the week of July 4th, I'll have smooth sailing for awhile! (By the way, this is the time of year I always question my decision not to be a teacher. Anyone else??)

The main reason that I'm pumped for the week of July 4th is that we have 3 mini-vacays (see below) that we're squeezing into our week off! That, plus a few other fun things and this summer is looking so bright, I'll have to wear shades. Nope, not even sorry for that lame attempt at a funny.

Besides the fact that we are on our way to Florida right this minute for a very fun family reunion weekend at the beach, the following things are helping me get through the next few weeks at work:

ONE. A weekend at the cabin with two other couples. And these are some of my all-time favorite couples, and friends we never get to see. Pretty scenery + pretty cool people = a really fun weekend.

Mountain views melt away stress

TWO. The day after we get back from the mountains, we'll head down to Edisto Beach, SC to spend a few days at the beach. The girls LOVE Edisto, and it's such a great place to unwind.
Two summers ago at Edisto

THREE. After spending a few days at the beach the week of July 4th, we've planned to take a trip to what is probably my all-time favorite city: Chicago! Alex has never been, and I haven't been back since the year I lived there in between undergrad and grad school, so it's bound to be a fun trip! Can't WAIT to be back in that city!
Chi Town

FOUR. At some point, we have to come back to reality...and the reality of our backyard. It's in need of a facelift. This week, we had 1,575 POUNDS of pea gravel delivered, plus 5 landscaping posts and 15 pavers. We've got a little project planned and although I know it will be a lot of work, I can't wait to see the final product!

That's a lot of landscaping product.

FIVE. Snowcones. Or, more accurately, "snowballs." This new snowball place just opened in town, and I had my first experience Thursday. Let me tell you, it's the stuff addictions are made of. And there are over 100 flavors to choose from, and you get two flavors on each snowball, and the shaved ice is so amazingly soft, and the whole experience is just so...summer. Definitely looking forward to trying a few more flavors this summer!
This could be dangerous. 
Happy Friday!
xo
KH


Linking up with
 AprilChristinaNatasha and Darci

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY