Pieces of a short week

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A few thoughts for this Tuesday Wednesday.

1. I love me a short work week, but I am so mixed up as a result of having Monday off. To make things worse, I worked from home yesterday, so today really feels like Monday or Tuesday, and definitely not Wednesday. But, no complaints here.

2. I worked from home yesterday because I'm the proud new owner of a snazzy new air conditioning unit. Last Wednesday, when the high was somewhere around 95, I came home to a warm house. Turns out my a/c unit shorted out and even though it could have been repaired, it just wasn't a wise decision to repait a 36-year-old unit. YES, 36. I'm not sure how much you know about a/c units, but 36 is like a person who is 120. It just doesn't happen. So we opted to replace it. It was exactly how I wanted to spend $4,000. Homeownership...ain't it fun?

3. Monday night, I was pulling double duty: I was watching Alex and the team on the Golf Channel at NCAAs, but they were still playing in a very close race for a spot in match play - kind of like the Elite 8 of the college golf world - when Bachelorette started. So I did the only logical thing I could think of and watched the tourney live on my iPad and had Bach on in the background. (Sidenote: the team didn't make match play, but they finished 9th - the second highest finish in school history! And I got to see and hear the hubs on TV, which was really needed since I haven't seen him in over 2 weeks.)

4. Because of my confusion of the days of the week and thinking that yesterday was Monday, I got excited around 7pm last night and thought: "Yay! Bach in a little bit! The only good thing about Mondays!" And then I remembered I watched it the night before (obviously, I was distracted while watching). Which made me sad for about .25 seconds and then I was all, "Yes! It's already Tuesday!"

5. My husband comes home from 16 days away TODAY! We have been apart for much longer than this before, but I just missed him so much this trip! I can't wait to see him and show him all the little projects I've done around the house since he's been gone. I get so much done when he's not around. Funny how that happens!
And I know the girls will be so happy to have him home! 

xo
KH


Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY