Five reasons I miss Florida

Friday, March 14, 2014

I l.o.v.e. living in South Carolina. I honestly can't imagine A and I living anywhere else. It has the beach, the mountains, the change of seasons, proximity to a lot of other great places, friendly people, delish Southern cooking, and a whole lotta state pride. But... it doesn't have this stuff, as inspired by my trip last weekend to my hometown:

One. Poolside in winter
Enough said.
After shivering for 6 months, this was bliss. 


Two. Besties
My besties, to be exact. I miss these girls!
Me, Lesley, Lindsey and Miss Avery!


Three. Family
My entire family, on both sides (sans a few outlying cousins) lives in Florida. When I go home, I get to see them all. (And we don't always wear matchy-matchy shirts, promise. This was for my Grandpa's 90th birthday party on Sunday!)
All the granddaughters with Grandpa and Grandma


Four. An abundance of fruit, year-round
Maybe I'm spoiled because I can go into my family's citrus groves and pick whatever I want, but seriously. This fruit is legit. And tasty. And healthy. Perfect, really.

Fresh picked. 

Five. Gator fans on every corner
True, the Gator Nation is everywhere. But there's just something about being in the heart of it and feeling that everyone around you is either still getting over last football season OR talking about the possibility of going all the way in the NCAA tourney. In all kinds of weather, we all stick togetherrrrrr... for  F L O R I D A!

Happy weekend from this Florida girl at heart!
xo
KH



Linking up with
 AprilChristinaNatasha and Darci

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY