Sooo...getting outdoors is harder than I thought

Monday, April 22, 2013

My challenge to myself this month was simple and painless: spend at least 30 consecutive minutes outside at least 4 days a week. Sounds good, right? Who doesn't want to spend time outside right now, with the warmer weather and longer days?

Despite the draw of it, it's been a real challenge. It's so easy to come home from work and sit my butt on the couch in front of the TV. On the days that I do my run (basically every other day), I run inside on my treadmill. I have a real aversion to running outside. Maybe I'm scarred from having to run outside as a Florida school kid in 90% humidity all those years?

However, I will say that a few things have legitimately stood in my way: last Tuesday was our big event at work that I planned, so Monday was out (worked late prepping for the event) as was Tuesday, since the event went until 8. Wednesday, I was so exhausted from Tuesday that I came home from work and crashed. Thursday it was raining. Friday it was raining. You see where this is going.

But I tried to make up for it Saturday and Sunday, which were gorgeous days. I took Ellie for a long walk, did some yard work, read on the deck for hours, and played ball with Ellie while Penny explored the back yard. Spending a few hours in the warm sunshine really is therapeutic. Maybe I should try to do it more often...ha!


Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY