a monogram baby shower

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ladies, it's no secret that we Southern gals love a monogram. Even my northern and west coast girls like them, too. My sweet friend April is pregnant with her second baby girl, Blakely Anne, due April 1. Because she already has a little girl, she already has everything she needs...so I wanted to make sure she had some things she wanted, too! So last weekend, I threw her a monogram baby shower!

The baby's nursery is being done in shades of pink and aqua, which is such a fun color scheme! I wanted to do the shower in the same colors.


She got so many adorable monogrammed goodies, y'all - like so, sooooo cute. 

The goodies I got for the baby!

I didn't do a ton of food, since it was in the middle of the afternoon, but I did make a new recipe of Chicken Salad that I really liked. The best part? It's a "light" recipe because there's no mayo in it!

Light & Fruity Chicken Salad:
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 small red apple, diced
- 1/2 cup green grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek Yogurt (or more if desired)

Mix all the ingredients together. Serve with bread or small croissants.
(tip: if you have a stand mixer, use it to shred chicken! Just boil the chicken breasts for about 20 minutes and put in the mixer bowl. Use the regular attachment, mix at slow speed for about 30 seconds, and your chicken is perfectly shredded!)





It was a successful shower full of friends, fun, food, and frilly gifts. I can't wait to meet sweet little Blakely Ann!



Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY