Wedded Bliss Wednesday: Christmas Traditions

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Linking up again for Wedded Bliss Wednesday with Table for More and Life After!
This week's question is about sharing holiday traditions with your hubby:

What is a holiday tradition that you and your husband do or plan to do each year? If you don't have any, what is an idea you could try out this year?!

This is our second Christmas as a married couple. Last year, on our first married Christmas, it was actually our first Christmas morning/day we had EVER spent together as a couple (in 5 years of Christmases)! This is because my family is in Florida, and his is in South Carolina, and we agreed to spend Christmas (and Thanksgiving for that matter) with our own families until we got married. And we did.

So anyway- we had to make our first married Christmas/First Christmas actually together extra special!

We started with the tradition of driving to the mountains to choose and cut down our live tree. We did this with Alex's parents (he is the only child, so I think they really love to be involved in things like this!). We continued that tradition this year, as you can read about here!

Another tradition is sort of an every-other-year tradition: seeing the Nutcracker Ballet. We first saw it together in 2010, the year we were engaged. Then we saw it this year. We agreed that it's more of an every 2 years thing instead of an every year thing!

Finally, a new tradition we started this year was our Advent calendar! I made it myself. :) I love Advent calendars - I think it's a great way to focus on the reason for the season and count down the days to Jesus's birthday. I was inspired by a Pottery Barn version from a few years ago in which there is an ornament for every day leading up to Christmas. We transfer the ornaments from the calendar onto a separate, small Advent Christmas Tree instead of our main tree. I think this will be a fun tradition that we can keep alive for years to come, especially when we have kids. {sidenote: I am aware that there are only 24 ornaments, when I do believe there should be 25. Let's just say I ran out of room...} 

So there you have it! Our little traditions. I love tradition - it makes Christmas so much fun! I can't wait to add more traditions to our celebrations in the years to come.





Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY