A very merry weekend

Monday, December 10, 2012

We had such a fun weekend!

Let me tell you about the fun that unfolded.

Friday was a great day - I found out that I am getting a raise in 2013 and got my first ever Christmas bonus - woooo hooooo! That night, my company had its Christmas Party. So Alex and I got a little dressed up and had a super fun night on the town with my hilarious and fun loving co-workers!

Ready to hit my company holiday bash!

On Saturday, we ran some errands, went out to lunch, and grabbed a few Christmas gifts along the way. Then we had a very fun date night: dinner at our favorite restaurant, High Cotton (this is where we went the night we got engaged and for our first anniversary), then off to see the Nutcracker Ballet. Props to the hubs for sitting through the Nutcracker for the second time in 3 years! I just love that ballet!



Downtown Greenville by the river on Saturday night
Headed to date night at the Nutcracker!

A pretty day at the Biltmore
On Sunday, we decided to go to the Biltmore Estate with our sparkling-new annual passes, courtesy of my mom. I had never been to the Biltmore at Christmas, and Alex had never been at all, so it was especially fun! I wish I could have taken pictures inside of the amazing holiday decorations. I mean, really - they were to die for. Especially the giant live tree in the banquet room that was probably about 6 stories tall. Breathtaking! 
We toured Biltmore House, had lunch at the Stable restaurant, then drove to Antler Hill (part of the Biltmore Estate) for a wine tasting. We bought some wine and other things for Christmas gifts. It was a fun day trip - and the best part for us is that Asheville is only an hour away! Can't wait to go back!


This picture does not do the house justice!

We got back from Asheville around 5pm yesterday. I spent the afternoon cleaning the house and putting away all the boxes that we store our Christmas decorations in, which was a chore. I didn't realize how many decorations we had until we started getting all...the...dozens of...boxes out of the attic this year! But the house is decked out - pictures coming soon!

It was the best weekend I've had in a long time. We had so many fun, festive and Christmasy things to do! Now it's time to buckle down and get my shopping done, my presents wrapped, and my cookies baked so I can just sit back and enjoy this celebratory time of year.

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY