Pieces of me

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I have a few random thoughts on my mind today. And because of the title of this post, I now have the song "Pieces of me" by Ashlee Simpson in my head. Remember this jam?



Taking you back to 2004 today. You are SO welcome. Maybe now this will be stuck in your head, too. :)

Anyway...

On Monday I had my first follow-up with my gastroenterologist after my colonoscopy, endoscopy, ultrasound and HIDAscan that I've had in the last 3 weeks. No diagnosis yet, but we have ruled out cancer (thank the Lord), gallbladder issues (and my kidneys/appendix/pancreas/liver seem to be fine too), and probably ulcerative colitis. At the moment, it seems like my doc is leaning toward Crohn's Disease, so I am having two more tests to check out my small intestine over the next 2 weeks. If they find ulcers all the way through my small intestine, I likely have Crohn's. If not, I probably just have some really pissed off ulcers. In the meantime, I have 2 new meds to help me deal with all the symptoms that have come storming back over the last week. And I hope they kick in soon because I currently feel like death.

With all of this medical stuff comes a lot of medical bills. I flipping hate insurance companies. Why is it so confusing?? I am a pretty informed consumer and I still cannot figure out everything most of the time. Plus, my workplace switched insurances effective Nov. 1, so now my deductible isn't completely met for the year even though it was fully met as of Oct. 31. Huh? Yeah, it's confusing and have I mentioned I hate insurance companies?

To make a long story short, my mind's on my money and my money's on my mind. I tend to stress over money - sometimes the stress is unnecessary and sometimes it's legit - and I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority when I say I hate getting bills in the mail. Especially unexpected medical bills that not even my insurance provider can decipher.

I'm sorry to be such a downer today. Yikes, I hate that. So onto something more positive that's on my mind.

Like Thanksgiving. It's only 8 days away! I am getting super excited about all the side dishes and turkey and ham and pies and sweets and leftovers that I'll be taking in next week and weekend.

And I'm starting to feel the Christmas spirit. I was in Target the other day and made a sweep through the Christmas section and heard the music and saw the trees...I'm starting to feel it, y'all! It's coming!

I hope your week is going good for ya - we're almost over the hump! Take care, loves!

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY