It's OK Thursday!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

After a few weeks off from this link-up, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

Let me fill you in on a few things before you read my "It's OK" stuff, or else it won't make sense.

The last time I had anything solid to eat was 9pm on Tuesday night.

No, this is not self-inflicted torture or some crazy diet (although my reunion is next weekend...)
I have been on a clear-liquids-only diet because I am having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy this afternoon. Yay fun.

You might know that I've been having some stomach pains and issues for over a year now. Last October, at the ripe old age of 27, I had my first colonoscopy and they told me everything looked pretty normal.
You know what I say to them? FALSE!
What I've been working with is NOT normal. So that's why I'm having another one, plus an endoscopy, today.

This process is so not fun. Besides the starvation, you have to drink this yucky prep stuff and it does not go down easily. And not to be graphic, but you can't get too far away from the ladies' room. The actual scope isn't so bad: the anesthesia puts you in a nice, deep sleep. Then you wake up and feel all weird and sleepy and drugged, but it's like nothing happened, for the most part. It's really not terrible.

The best part? When I get to eat whatever I want afterward!

And therefore...it's OK...
  • that I have been fantasizing about the food I get to eat this afternoon since approximately 10pm on Tuesday. Should I get greasy, cheesy pizza or fried chicken??
  • to be so hungry that I could eat my arm. Or dog food.
  • to never want to have apple juice, chicken bullion, or pineapple jello ever again. 
  • that I'm getting a little nervous about my reunion next weekend and seeing my classmates after so many years
  • to want to buy Halloween costumes for Ellie and Penny, but Penny already has about 14 ensembles (mostly hand-me-downs from dogs that outgrow their puppy clothes), and I'm pretty sure Ellie would hate wearing clothes. And it's not like they go trick-or-treating. But still...
  • that I officially started Christmas shopping this week, but I still feel behind (I blame Target and their mid-October Christmas ad for making me feel this way!)
  • that I'm jealous of all the peeps in FL that have met baby Avery, and I have to wait until next Thursday! It's killing me.
Its Ok Thursdays


Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY